Search Engine Optimization: What You Need to Know
Event on 2015-02-25 10:00:00
Today’s buyers hit the internet to research answers to problems and solutions, to learn more about products and services they have learned about through others, and to make purchases. To make it onto your prospects’ short-lists, your company needs to be visible when prospects search for products and services like yours. This session will give you a solid understanding of website search engine optimization (SEO), including:
- What SEO is – and what it’s not
- How Google and other search engines rank websites (And which search engines really matter)
- Content marketing, social media, and other offsite influencers and techniques
- What’s realistic to achieve – and what’s not
- (a) For an existing website
- (b) For a brand-new website
- How to make your search result an unpaid ad
- Common pitfalls and snake-oil sales pitches
- Recommended tools (And how to set up your first Google account effectively)
- Examples and best practices
- Measuring and maintaining results
- How to choose an SEO professional
Presenter Bio: Andrew Symes, Marketing Manager, Kaszas Marketing
Andrew is a skilled and multi-faceted communicator with experience managing all aspects of marketing communications. He offers Kaszas clients a full range of marketing and communications strategy, execution and management services, in addition to expert marketing writing. He also provides a strong analytic discipline to marketing activities, specializing in analysis and strategy for search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC) advertising strategies. In 2013, Andrew was certified as a Google AdWords professional with a specialization in Search Advertising.
Prior to joining Kaszas in 2006, Andrew was Marketing Manager at a software product company. He has developed and implemented annual marketing and communications plans and strategies, created and managed marketing budgets, conducted marketing research, written and edited marketing collateral including web content, customer case studies, press releases, and more.
Andrew graduated Magna cum Laude with an Honours Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Ottawa with a focus on Marketing.
Follow Andrew on Twitter: @FailedProtostar; and on LinkedIN.
at Invest Ottawa
80 Aberdeen St., Suite 100