SEO for WordPress
Event on 2014-05-07 18:00:00
You’ve built an awesome website for your business on WordPress. Now it’s time to make sure potential customers can find it.
Modern customers often start the ‘purchase’ process by searching online using popular search engines like Google and Bing. And there are specific strategies and tactics you can employ to make sure your website shows up as high as possible in their results. Additionally, it’s important your website is presented in a professional manner that encourages customers to visit it. This workshop will introduce you to the Best Practices recommended by search engines and industry experts, as well as show you how to implement them in your WordPress installation.
By the end of this workshop, you’ll have an understanding of how Search Engine Optimization works today and the foundations for an SEO strategy for your business. And you'll start optimizing your website right in the workshop!
Some of the topics that will be covered include:
• Search Engine Optimization Overview
• Latest SEO guidelines from major search engines
• Identifying your SEO Opportunity
• Diagnosing your current website’s SEO performance
• Optimizing your WordPress installation
• Configuring appropriate WordPress plugins for SEO
• Organizing your website content and structure
• Tracking and measuring results of your SEO efforts
The workshop will follow a step-by-step workshop format, so you will learn by optimizing your WordPress website right in class!
at Flashpoint Academy, Screening Room
28 North Clark Street
Chicago, United States