SEO Training (Beginner / Intermediate)
Event on 2014-03-08 09:00:00
Interested in getting greater visiblity for your business or website(s)? Looking to polish your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) skills? This SEO course might be for you.
This is the SECOND installment of my SEO Training Workshop in Ottawa! Here is what one of my attendees had to say about the workshop:
"Thanks for the file, and the course. Really loved it and got a LOT out of it, great job! :)" – Barb, Technical Writer in Ottawa
About the trainer:
Jackson Lo is a consultant in the field of Local Search Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Googel Analytics. Currently, he holds a position as an SEO / Web Analytics Manager at adjump media, a Performance Based Advertising Network located in Ottawa. Jackson has consulted on a number of big brands such as the Smithsonian, Papa John's and the Government of Canada. He's also very passionate about working with small businesses, having worked with a number of Ottawa-based companies from lawyers to accountants and a renoun home decorating business. Many have enjoyed working with and benefited from Jackson's ability to deliver results for his clients. His goal for these courses is for all his students to gain considerable insights into their business using the materials that willl be taught in the classroom.
Who should take this SEO Training?
- Small business owners
- Startups and entrepreneurs
- In-house marketing specialists
- Beginner and Intermediate SEOs
- Webmasters and programmers
What will you learn?
The course will teach you the basics of SEO, and some intermediate material. The topics covered are:
- Basics of what is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and how it works
- Why dominating organic search engine results is important to your business
- How SEO will spearhead your business online
- What makes a website SEO-friendly
- "Blackhat" SEO tactics that you should avoid
- Search engine ranking factors and their importance
- Keyword research / keyword analysis – understanding search demand and where to find that source of data
Some intermediate stuff that will be covered as well:
- Laying down the basics of Technical SEO (robots.txt, sitemaps, canonical links)
- On page optimization (title tag, meta description, headings, image optimization)
- Optimizing your page content for SEO
- Understanding what links are (internal links and external links)
- Why links are important and how do you get links
- Introduction to Social & SEO
What every student will receive
- A better understanding of how SEO works and how it could apply to your business
- Actionable tips that you can bring to the office the next day and immediately start planning for changes to your website
- Course material (Copy of the slides will be printed out and handed in the classroom to every student)
What you will need to (should) bring
- Pen or pencil for jotting down notes on your printed set of slides
- Your brain!
Maximum Attendees: 10 (Seats will be limited to 10 (so hurry and reserve your seat today!). A group of 10 is an ideal size of class for this type of training to allow for more question and answer periods as we're going through the material. Let this training be about you.)
Date and Time: Saturday, March 8 9AM-1PM (4 hours of intense learning)
Cost: 0 per person (early bird registration will end on February 25th at 10PM, reserve today and save on your course!)
There is much more to come…
This is only the beginning. Other courses that I will hopefully offer in the coming months include the following (these are more specific to the type of business):
- SEO Advanced – advanced topics such as competitive analysis, indepth link profiling, keyword data analysis and more
- Local SEO – local professional like a plumber or electrician looking to get more exposure online
- Ecommerce SEO – you run an ecommerce store and you want to optimize your site to serve the masses
- Multilingual SEO – websites that offer content in more than one language
- and possibly more… please share your interests with me and I will try my best to make it happen.
126 York Street