Social Media for Business – Uttlesford Residents
Event on 2013-05-15 09:00:00
Why attend Social Media for Business?
Many people who run or are starting a business use social media privately, to use it effectively as a business takes on a new focus and wading through the many options available takes skill to use it effectively, use this workshop to develop the skill to get more out of what can be free and effective marketing tools.
- Why bother getting plugged in? Whose listening? Trust versus selling.
- Engagement with your audience
- Pick and mix your social channels, they are not all suitable
- How to set up a Facebook Page – discuss Page V Group
- Discuss highlights, questions, imagery etc.
- What to say and how often
- How to advertise on Facebook
- How to set up a Twitter page
- What to Tweet and how often
- Who to follow
- Benefits and negatives of setting up on Hootsuite etc.
- Groupon – how to get involved & why
- LinkedIn – how to network online
- Pinterest – Pin it
- YouTube – how to set up a channel, what to video and how to publicise it
- Publicising online what you are doing offline and visa versa.
- Keeping abreast of new social media
*****Please note not all of the above may be covered, the day is tailored to those who attend and you are required to set up your facebook, twitter and linkedin accounts prior to the course, you also need to bring a laptop that is capable to connect to a wifi connection, the trainer will contact you prior to the event to discuss your needs and hence tailor the training to the attendees*******
What will I gain from attending?
After this workshop you will be able to set up your own social media strategy for your own business, know how to update and how to run campaign.
Ignite Business Enterprise are running this course for Uttlesford Residents as it is funded by Uttlesford District Council to promote start up and sucess of businesses within the district. If you are outside of the district, please contact us so we can place you on the appropriate course.
if you have any queries about the event, or other services offered by both Ignite Business Enterprise or Uttlesford District Council, please contact Ignite on 01376 340770
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom