Social Media Masterclass – Google Campus London
Event on 2013-06-06 10:00:00
Social Media Masterclass
Social Media is a no-cost tool that can save thousands as you set-up, launch, and run your business. And Entrepreneurs should embrace Social Media not only for low cost and effective marketing campaigns but across their business. We'll show you how to use it for everything from customer service to getting press coverage. This Workshop will include a special emphasis on press coverage as the instructor has worked as a News Editor on network news desks around the world. She has also taught social media workshops for tech start-ups at Cambridge Judge Business School's Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning.
As Social Media is all about "engagement" this course is taught through examining case studies together and practice exercises. You don't have to have any of your own pages, but we do ask that every participant bring a wifi enabled laptop. Come with your questions. An open discussion about Social Media is encouraged. Everyone will have a chance to network before and after the session.
Both Campus London members and non-members are welcome to sign-up.
1. Types of Social Media
* Blogs, discussion groups, sharing sites, games, and virtual words.
* Tour each of the top sites – Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube, and Pinterest – and find out which is best for your organisation.
* Analysis of what works best on each site including why 10 million users are on Pinterest and what's the best features on Google+.
* Exercises for Social Networking sites include working on Google+ and Facebook and then looking at the measurement metrics for each space.
* Exercises for YouTube include looking at creating great content for your audience and uploading it to YouTube.
2. Social Business
* How Social affects brands and the business.
* Companies and individuals – how the pages work.
* The benefits of using Social Media for business.
* The Social Enterprise; Social in Marketing, Public Relations, Customer Service, HR, and IT.
* How to use Social Media for Press Coverage.
* Case studies of when Social works and when it doesn't will be examined.
* Best practices and the law.
* Implementing a Social Media programme and developing your policy.
* Crisis Management – not everyone who likes you on Facebook is a fan.
* Ripped from the headlines – cases where it’s all gone wrong.
* Effective Social Policies from popular businesses will be shared.
4. Future Trends and Your Questions.
* This is an interactive course designed to work with the questions the participants want answered. By the end of this course every participant will have a general understanding of the Social Media and a toolkit to launch or run their own pages.
Our Social Media Masterclass is for start-ups, community managers, entrepreneurs who want to learn more about social media for business and anyone who wants to be entrepreneurial with social media in the workplace. The instructor for this Masterclass has launched social media applications at media companies around the world. She has a masters degree in journalism and read for an MBA at Cambridge's Judge Business School, where she has also taught social media and press workshops designed for tech entrepreneurs at JBS's Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning.
at University of Kent
33 Queen Street
Canterbury, United Kingdom