Social Media Planning 101 Workshop
Event on 2015-04-29 08:30:00
Are you managing your organization’s social media on an ad hoc basis but want to be more strategic and proactive? Do you want to develop a plan for your online presence but don’t know where to start? If so, then this workshop is for you.
In this full-day, hands-on, interactive workshop you will:
- Develop a strategic plan for your social media efforts
- Create an editorial schedule to plan your posts for the year
- Learn how to effectively set up social media accounts for your business
- Learn best practices for posting, generating “likes” and followers, using hashtags and more
- Take a look at analytics tools you can use to determine the success of your campaigns
To get the most out of this workshop, plan to bring a laptop or tablet with you. Electronic templates will be provided and time will be alloted for working on a draft social media plan. Continental breakfast and a light lunch will be served.
About the instructor: An Accredited Business Communicator (ABC) with a Masters degree in Communications, Victoria Miecznikowski has over 20 years combined professional writing and communications experience. She has gained significant experience as a lead writer and editor of corporate publications, speeches, employee communications and on-line content in the municipal, academic and non-profit sectors. Victoria has a strong understanding of social media and web-based communications and has been involved in researching, writing and editing for online media since 1998. She has also taught public relations at Mohawk College in Hamilton, Ontario.
at McMaster Innovation Park
175 Longwood Road S