Event on 2013-04-27 09:00:00
An unconference for solopreneurs focused on improving business skills and learning new tools
How's business? Got all the clients you want? Making as much money as you need? How's your work life/balance?
If you're not satisfied with your solo practice (guess what: you're not alone), then have we got a conference for you!
SoloCamp is a one-day conference focused on improving business skills and learning new tools. Think of it as a shot of adrenalin for your solo practice, whether you're a designer, programmer, writer or consultant.
Like a regular conference, there are some pre-planned sessions on a variety of important topics, taught by seasoned freelancers and business owners. But it's also an unconference, which means we've got room for sessions that can be suggested and even run by you! (We'll tell you more about that after you register.)
Pre-planned sessions include:
- The basics (and not-so basics) of marketing yourself How and where to tell your story.
- Using social media to promote your business
- Online marketing 101 An overview of what's possible with SEO, PPC, Re-marketing, Authorship Pages, Video and Conversion Optimization (applicable to yours or your clients' business)
- Don't leave money on the table! Ideas on how to earn more from your projects and client relationships.
- Business 101 for freelancers Tons of practical advice on incorporation, taxes, banking, insurance, partnerships, positioning, etc.
- Portfolio sites Comparing portfolio platforms, with input from other freelancers
- Designer tech A review of essential tools
- Working alone sucks! An intro to more collaborative ways of working
9 – 10 a.m. – Coffee/rolls, socializing, orientation to unconference format
10 – 11 a.m. – Sessions
11 a.m. – Noon – Sessions
Noon – 1 p.m. – Lunch (included)
1 – 2 p.m. – Sessions
2 – 3 p.m. – Sessions
3 p.m. – Optional tours of CoCo & Design Works
Brought to you by:
- AIGA Minnesota
at CoCo coworking and collaborative space
400 S. 4th St.
Minneapolis, United States