TFI Technology Forecasting Seminar
Event on 2014-01-28 13:00:00
Seminar OverviewThis seminar provides an excellent overview of the technology forecasting methods and techniques applicable to to fields such as communications, energy, information technology, consumer electronics, and high-tech. The most important quantitative and qualitative tools are covered, with an emphasis on practical understanding and practical examples.
- Introduction to Technology Forecasting: This session provides an overview of the field of technology forecasting including its history, toolbox, applications, and how it fits in with other types of forecasting.
- Forecasting Technology Substitution and Adoption: Technology substitution forecasts how fast new technology will replace old technology. We teach the basic models so that you know enough to do basic technology forecasts and understand forecasts by others.
- Expert Opinion Methods: This session covers the key methods—such as Delphi and nominal groups—that are used for forecasting and ideation.
- Practical Tips for Forecasting and Evaluating Forecasts: This session covers some of the practical issues that come up when you do a technology forecast. It also covers how you can independently judge the quality of a forecast, either for your use in an appraisal or in someone else's appraisal.
- Forecasting Technology Trends: The performance of technologies improve according to known patterns. You will learn how to use these patterns to forecast future improvements as well as how to be alert to breaks in the pattern.
- Technology Forecasting Applications: Communications, Energy and High Tech: In this session you will learn how technology forecasting can be applied to these industries focusing on real-world examples.
- Ideation with MiniTrends MindsetTM and Impact Wheels (Breakout Session): This session introduces TFI's MiniTrends MindsetTM that is designed to increase creativity, innovation, and success. Through an exercise you will also learn about impact wheels, an excellent discovery and exploitation tool, that should be in everyone’s toolbox.
- Depreciation & Valuation Forecasting Applications (Breakout Session): This session teaches how technology forecasts can be combined with other forms of obsolescence to measure depreciation and value for appraisal and financial applications.
- Communications Companies (Telecom, Cable, Longhaul, Wireless, etc.)
- Equipment Manufacturers (Communications, Energy, Semiconductors, Computers,etc.)
- Energy Companies (Electric Power, Oil and Gas, etc.)
- Information Technology Companies (ISPs, Data Centers, Content Providers, etc.)
- Government Agencies (Regulators, Tax Assessors, etc.)
- Other High Tech Industries (Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, Transportation, etc.)
Business Segments who should attend:
- Strategic Planning
- Network Planning
- Technology Planning
- Market Development
- Regulatory / Tax / Legal
- Depreciation and Assessment
back to the topSeminar Schedule1:00 – 1:15 pm – Introduction to Technology 1:15 – 2:15 pm – Forecasting Technology Substitution and Adoption2:15 – 2:25 pm – Break2:25 – 3:00 pm – Expert Opinion Methods3:00 -3:40 pm – Practical Tips for Forecasting & Evaluating Forecasts 3:40 – 3:50 pm – Break3:50 – 4:10 pm – Forecasting Technology Trends4:10 – 4:50 pm – Technology Forecasting Applications: Communications, Energy and High Tech4:50 – 5:00 pm – Break5:00 – 6:15 pm – Breakout Sessions:
- Ideation with MiniTrends
- Depreciation & Valuation Applications of Forecasting
6:15 pm – Reception
at Radisson Hotel & Suites
111 E. 1st St. Austin, TX
Austin, United States