The Socialized Social Media Boot Camp
Event on 2013-10-02 09:30:00
10 AM to 5:00 PM, October 2nd, 2013, Vancouver, BCInvestment: General Admission 9.00
Socialized would like to invite you to one of our first public social media and digital media boot camps. Over the past 3 years we have delivered our programs in Canada, USA, India and South East Asia for organizations such as Ford, Paladin Security, Channel Next, Corning Cable Systems, Reliance Industries (India) the US Department of Commerce and leading conference organizers globally. For the first time we are opening up to the public our enterprise level digital and social media best practices used by the world’s leading brands. This in-depth Social Media Boot Camp will help you:
- Get up-to-date on all major trends and networks in the rapidly evolving social media space
- Learn how prove and deliver social media ROI (Return on Investment)
- Map out a step-by-step social media plan and campaign
- Manage your social media activities professionally and effectively
- Use social media to positively impact sales, marketing, HR and operations
- Get great results without spending a lot of money
Facilitated by Shane Gibson author and Chief Social Officer of Socialized
Shane Gibson is an international speaker, and author who has addressed over 100,000 people over the past sixteen years on stages in North America, Southern Africa, Asia and South America. He is in high demand as a keynote speaker on the topics of social media and sales performance. Shane’s books include Sociable! How Social Media is Turning Sales and Marketing Upside Down. Closing Bigger the Field Guide to Closing Bigger Deals and Guerrilla Social Media Marketing, co-authored with Jay Conrad Levinson.
The Social Media Boot Camp is based upon proven best practices, strategies and insights. Upon completion you will have a roadmap including templates, key steps and campaign outlines to help you become a digital leader in your chosen markets.
In this intense one-day boot camp you will learn the 4 Pillars of Digital Leadership. These pillars once understood and implemented will help you outsmart the competition in sales, service and marketing in the online space. The four pillars are:
1) Having Social Media Literacy and Knowledge: Key insights, business intelligence and trends that will give you the edge.
2) Having an Integrated Social Business Strategy: The most profitable marketing and sales initiatives combine social media, mobile marketing and traditional media and selling. We show you how to do this.
3) Building the Ultimate Social Media Management Process and System: Key tools, systems and processes to turn social media communications into a true revenue generator and business tool.
4) Infusing Social DNA Into Your Organization: To win in social and digital you must scale. A social media department is not the answer. You need to build a social DNA into every department – sales, customer service, marketing and with the senior execs in your organization. We will walk you through this process step-by-step. Whether you're a solo-preneneur or running a large organization you have to make social media a part of all critical business activities.Boot Camp Agenda at a Glance:
9:30 am to 10:00 am – Registration
10:00 am to 12:00 pm – Modules 1 & 2
12:00 pm to 12:45 pm – Lunch
12:45 pm to 5:00 pm – Modules 3 & 4
5:00 pm to 6:45 pm– Optional social networking reception with attendees and the Socialized team.Following is an outline including learning outcomes:
Social Media Literacy and Knowledge:
- A walk-through of the current map of the social media landscape, you can’t build a plan without a map.
- Includes stats and studies that absolutely prove the value and ROI for social businesses.
- The 8 biggest social medial platforms, and 5 emerging leaders you can’t ignore. Mastering Twitter, LinkedIn, Blogging, Pinterest and more.
- Understanding todays mobile consumer.
How to Build an Integrated Social Business Strategy includes:
- Includes 3 Free Templates:
1. 18 point social media marketing plan 2. Social media template for marketing events and campaigns 3. Social Media Calendar
- How to track measure social media activity and return on investment
- Key components of an effective social media plan
- Real life campaigns and case studies in social media communications and marketing
Key Components to a Social Media Management Process and System:
- Social Media monitoring for business intelligence and finding customers
- Tips and Strategies on managing a social staff
- Tips on hiring a social media manager and social support staff
Embedding a Social DNA in your organization:
- Why you need a Social Media Policy Now (Templates and Principles)
- How to create buy-in at all levels of your organization for your social business strategy
- Building your personal social media education plan (where to find the information, who to follow etc.)
Endorsements for Socialized Training and Seminars:
“As a newbie to social media and it’s practical applications to business, attending Socialized’s bootcamp was an invaluable experience. It provided me with the background and tools that I need to launch our company’s Facebook Page and Twitter account and actively engage and communicate with our stakeholders, shareholders and the communities that we work in. I am excited about embarking upon this new phase of our communications program and am thankful that the Socialized team has given me the tools I need to make it a success.”
– Liz Caridi, Manager, Investor Relations, Midas Gold Corp.
"The social media bootcamp was truly worthwhile. Shane is a captivating presenter that was able to tailor the examples and discussion to the individuals and their organizations, allowing each participant to leave with real world tools for understanding, implementing and improving their social media channels. I entered the day feeling a little overwhelmed with how little experience I had working with social media. After breaking down each social media platform in an easy to understand, in-depth presentation, I left feeling confident with the knowledge and tools I gained at the workshop."
– Brendan Matthews, Manager – Business Operations, Canada Snowboard
"As part of growing our Dealers and growing our brands, we have brought Shane Gibson and his team from “Socialized” in to present and teach “two years in a row;” to address our more than 180 Dealers on social media and social business. Their insights and strategies are always cutting edge and bottom-line focused
-Don Elkington, CEO/President Coast Spas Group (World’s Best Built Spas)
"Shane is a natural CSO…he makes the art of selling using Social Media look very easy and natural. Shane has since spoken to ACL in two other Sales Kick Offs and worked with our Marketing team on social media solutions. Expert, high integrity, creative, personable, and reliable, are also words I would use to describe Shane."
– Victoria Darnbrough ACL
"Most conversation around the value and benefits of social media has been centered around the Marketing function. Shane Gibson is the foremost expert I know in the area of social media as a supercharger of Sales. A master trainer, speaker and thought leader, Shane helps major companies leverage social tools to drive revenue. I highly recommend engaging him to help socialize your business."
– Eric Weaver, Senior Vice President – IPG Media Brands – Spring Creek Group
"When it comes to the realm of social media Shane has his fingers on the pulse. Shane is always at the forefront of what is going on as can be clearly seenthrough his 2 books (Sociable and Guerrilla Social Media Marketing) on the topic. His style is easy to follow and always interesting. If you haven't read the books yet, I highly recommend them both and if you ever have the opportunity to hear Shane speak on the topic of Social Media I strongly suggest you do so. I will be worth your while"
-Marc McPherson, Senior Manager – Marketing – Go to Market at Yellow Pages Group
"I attended one of Shane's Sociable seminars. I emerged with a much more thorough understanding of how social media can work effectively within a commercial environment. I was particularly impressed by his ability to make sense out of a high volume of material without making you feel overwhelmed. He also taught in relaxed and personable fashion, which made it seem as if you’re being taught by a friend as opposed to an instructor. I highly recommend Shane for seminars or anything he has to offer."
– Chris Dugal, Finance Manager at Jim Keay Ford Lincoln
at Ceili’s Irish Pub and Restaurant
670 Smithe Street