Three Rivers Arts Festival
Event on 2014-06-06 00:00:00
Location of Festival
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA
Festival Contact Information
Three Rivers Arts Festival
707 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222 USA
Phone: (01) 412-281-8723
Fax: (01) 412-281-8722
The largest arts event in the Pittsburgh region—the Three Rivers Arts Festival brings thousands of artists and performers to Pittsburgh every year as well as an estimated 600,000 attendees. The Festival, free to the public, presents cutting edge visual art and performance in downtown’s urban core. The Festival is not just music, but also dance, visual arts, artists market, performance art, and children’s activities. Connecting the community to the arts since 1979, the Festival is one of Pittsburgh’s best loved traditions.
June 6 – 15, 2014
- The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust extends an invitation to visual and performing artists of all disciplines to apply to participate in the 55th annual Dollar Bank Three Rivers Arts Festival, set for June 6-15, 2014.
- Applications are now being accepted. Due to the large volume of applications, this open submission period will end on February 4, 2014.
- Artist Market
- Ranked Among the nation’s top 50 shows by Sunshine Artist Magazine, our fine art and fine craft Artist Market offers ,000 in cash awards and is among the Festival’s most popular attractions.
- Emerging Artists
- A model for programs like it around the country, our program helps regional artists produce their first booth in an outdoor show – our Artist Market. It’s launched more than a few successful artists’ careers.
- Juried Visual Art Exhibition
- Showcasing Pittsburgh’s vibrant arts community, this indoor exhibition serves as another pillar of the Festival’s high-quality visual art offerings. It’s free to apply and opportunities for awards and exposure are plentiful.
- Performing Artists
- Musicians, dancers, actors, literary, and performance artists present original work on stages and in spaces throughout the Festival, including Point State Park’s Giant Eagle Creativity Zone, Gateway Center’s Artist Market, and the Cultural District’s Agnes R. Katz Plaza.
- Special Project/Collaboration
- Creative original concepts, multidisciplinary work, and multi-artist collaborations leave lasting impressions with visitors each year. The Festival’s geographic footprint and artists’ imaginations are the only bounds for proposals. Learn more about these opportunities at TrustArts.org/TRAFapply! We look forward to your submissions and to celebrating the arts with you this summer in downtown Pittsburgh at the 55th annual Dollar Bank Three Rivers Arts Festival!
at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Pittsburgh, United States