Video reporting with iPhone and iPad
Event on 2015-05-01 10:00:00
One-day course: Discover how to transform your smartphone into a pro video camera
Learn how to transform your smartphone into a pro video camera in this intensive one-day workshop.
Mobile journalism expert Robb Montgomery will explain how to plan and film video projects, work with story subjects, and produce short video reports.
Although designed as a standalone course, this workshop builds upon the visual reporting principles established in Robb's mobile multimedia workshop.
Both courses are available at a discount when booked as part of a two-day package. For more information please contact us.
This crash course in video journalism will teach the fundamentals for producing high quality video from the field with an iPhone and iPad.
While it focuses primarily on iOS devices, it will also include tips and advice for Android and Windows phones.
Suitable for both foundation and intermediate students, it is aimed at reporters, editors, new media managers, media professionals, content marketers, communications heads, journalism educators and web producers.
Delegates will participate in exercises that involve interviewing, filming, editing, and sharing video with an iPhone or iPad.
As with all Journalism.co.uk courses, the training will have an emphasis on practical, hands-on learning.
A sandwich buffet lunch plus tea, coffee and pastries is included.
What will the course cover?
- How to capture high-quality video footage
- How to film cinematic sequences to tell stories using pictures
- How to shoot professional quality video interviews
- How to edit video on a smartphone or iPad
- The most practical apps and essential gear for getting broadcast quality results
What will you learn?
- Understand filmmaking and video production techniques with a specific focus on the power and limitation of using mobile devices for this kind of reporting
- A comprehensive view of how field reporters can create different types of video content
- How to organise newsroom workflows to take full advantage of this capability
Please bring: A laptop. An iPad or iPhone running iOS8 is also recommended in order to take part in all of the exercises.
Participants will get a comprehensive list of apps, gear and accounts to set up before the workshop.
at The Bridge
81 Southwark Bridge Road
The Borough, United Kingdom