WordPress Learning Journey (Level 1)
Event on 2014-11-25 09:30:00
Providing a structured introduction to WordPress, by Digital Marketing Specialist John Walsh, covering the following topics: 1. Introduction to the WordPress Application
- What is Blogging, why is it important and how WordPress fits into the mix.
- What is WordPress, who it’s for and why it matters!
- Showcase – examples of great WordPress usage from around the world
2. Working with WordPress.com
- Structure – Getting familiar with the look and feel of WordPress Websites
- Setting up your WordPress.com Profile
- Logging in and creating a Wordpress Website
3. WordPress Maintenance
- Introduction to Themes, Plugins & Widgets
- How to create Blog Posts and Pages
- How to insert videos and photo slideshows on your website
By the end of the course, you will have received a thorough introduction to WordPress, where you will be able to go ahead and start creating and maintaining your very own WordPress Website !Your Trainer
John Walsh is a freelance Internet Marketing & IT Consultant based in Citywest Business Campus in Dublin. Since 2007 he has worked with a large number of Micro and SME companies in Ireland on projects that covered Web Design , Back-Office IT, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimisation, Video Production, Podcast Creation and more. He has worked on over fifty Web Design projects, mostly using WordPress. Industry sectors covered include News & Media, Entertainment, Healthcare, Hospitality, Property, IT and Internet Advertising.
at OSPREY HOTEL & SPA