WordPress Learning Journey ( Level 2 )
Event on 2014-12-02 09:30:00
This is a follow on from our WordPress Level 1 Course and is also aimed at people who are more familiar with WordPress and will help you get to grasps with blogging and social media.
Topics covered will include: 1. How we use WordPress for Corporate Websites
- Review of Level 1 course, highlighting the differences between WordPress.com and WordPress.org, and an introduction to the concept of blogging and why it's so important.
- Intro to how websites work, and how (and why!) it's a great idea to use WordPress as your primary Website Management Software
- Learn how the Installation and Set-Up process works to activate WordPress on your domain.
- Understanding Themes, Plugins and Widgets, all essential components of the WordPress Environment.
2. Setting up your Website/Blog
- Logging In and creating new user accounts
- Installing and Configuring the most essential plugins that your website will need (Security, SEO, Analytics, E-Mail Marketing, Contact Forms, etc)
- Creating Pages and Blog Posts
- Creating and displaying Menu's
3. WordPress Design
- How to find and install new design themes for your WordPress Website
- How to set up your logo and other branding
- How to create photo & video slideshows to show off your work
By the end of the Level 2 course, you will have a solid foundation of knowledge in how you can set-up and administer a secure, design friendly wordpress website on your company's domain name. Your Trainer
John Walsh is a freelance Internet Marketing & IT Consultant based in Citywest Business Campus in Dublin. Since 2007 he has worked with a large number of Micro and SME companies in Ireland on projects that covered Web Design , Back-Office IT, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimisation, Video Production, Podcast Creation and more. He has worked on over fifty Web Design projects, mostly using WordPress. Industry sectors covered include News & Media, Entertainment, Healthcare, Hospitality, Property, IT and Internet Advertising.
at OSPREY HOTEL & SPA