Writing for Results: Christchurch, Monday, 3 March, 2014
Event on 2014-03-03 09:00:00
"Since doing this course, I've cut my writing time in half – and I'm writing more clearly and precisely."
Naina Raj, BHSc, MPH – Public Health Scientist, Auckland Regional Public Health Service
"I'm successfully using your course as a critical "weapon" to help us win new business through clear, succinct and compelling proposals. I have to put a good portion of that growth down to the skills you taught and that I have instilled in my team."
Cameron Murchison, Managing Partner, Harvey | Cameron
All business writing is for a purpose. What if you could achieve your purpose faster and more frequently?
We designed Writing for Results to help you do just that. In one short day, we will help you become a faster, clearer writer, by showing you how to:
- Overcome writer's block forever
- Write a first draft quickly, even when the subject is complex – saving you hours every week
- Develop a clear, compelling argument that's hard to resist
- Turn any first draft into clear, succinct, winning prose
- Eliminate empty and weak words from your writing, giving your writing real muscle
- Get the business results you want more often
Then we'll help you refine and develop those skills over the next 12 months through a powerful, online training programme.
Who is it for?
Writing for Results is for business people who spend more than a few hours each week writing reports, proposals, web/online content, marketing materials, media releases – in fact, any business documentation that matters.
If you'd like to write faster or more powerfully, this course will make a world of difference.
What you get.
- A professionally bound workbook of exercises to complete during the day, and to take with you at day's end. You can refer to this any time you want to remind yourself of any of the points you've learned.
- Complimentary registration in the 22-session Writing MasterClass series of interactive webinars and training modules. The Writing MasterClass hones the skills you develop during Writing for Results, helping you to become a master of the craft. It also includes Q&A sessions where you have the opportunity to have specific writing questions answered.
- A copy of the book "78 Weeks to Sharper Writing", by Writing for Results facilitator Ken Grace. "78 Weeks" is a collection of essential writing practices, tips and techniques, written in a clear, engaging style that brings writing to life.
Previous satisfied participants have come from
Harvey | Cameron Advertising
Auckland District Health Board
Health and Disability Commissioner
Otago Regional Council
Ngati Whatua o Orakei
For more information about this workshop and about Department of Writing, click here.
750A Wairakei Rd
Christchurch, New Zealand