Writing for Results: Melbourne, Tuesday, 14 April 2015
Event on 2015-04-14 09:00:00
More than just a world class one day workshop.
You also get three hours of one-on-one coaching.
If you're serious about improving your writing, no other course offers more value.
"Since doing this course, I've cut my writing time in half – and I'm writing more clearly and precisely."
Naina Raj, BHSc, MPH – Public Health Scientist
"I'm successfully using your course as a critical "weapon" to help us win new business through clear, succinct and compelling proposals. I have to put a good portion of that growth down to the skills you taught and that I have instilled in my team."
Cam Murchison, Managing Partner, Harvey Cameron
Your ability to achieve results hinges largely on your effectiveness as a communicator.
Here's a course that focusses on exactly that.
It includes not just an intensive one day workshop, but five hours of personal coaching that will have a lasting impact on the quality of your writing.
Here's how Writing for Results works.
In a solid day of intensive work, we uncover the things that prevent you writing quickly and clearly. You'll walk out of the day able to:
- Never be stopped by writer's block
- Write a first draft quickly, even when the subject is complex – saving you hours every week
- Develop a clear, compelling argument that's hard to resist
- Turn any first draft into clear, succinct, winning prose
- Eliminate empty and weak words from your writing, giving your writing real muscle
- Get the business results you want more often
We follow that training up with three hours of one-on-one coaching. There's no extra fee for this coaching, and you can use it when you want. In many ways, this is the most valuable aspect of the Writing for Results course and certainly one of the things that sets it apart from other courses.
Who is it for?
Writing for Results is for people who spend more than a few hours each week writing reports, proposals, web/online content, marketing materials, media releases – in fact, any business documentation that matters.
If you'd like to write faster or more powerfully, and you're committed to receiving the best possible training, this is the course for you.
What you get.
- A copy of the 110-page e-book 78 Paths to Sharper Writing, by Ken Grace. "78 Paths" is a collection of essential writing practices that'll both entertain and inform you.
- A bound workbook of exercises to complete during the day, and to take with you at day's end. You can refer to this any time you want to remind yourself of any of the points you've learned.
- Three hours of follow up one-on-one coaching. This coaching is exceptionally powerful for locking in the skills you develop during your workshop and developing real writing mastery. Your coach will work with you on a live document that you're currently writing, bringing your training to life in your day to day work. You can book coaching at a time that suits you in increments from as little as 15 minutes up to one hour.
Writing for Results is led by respected business writer Ken Grace. He's worked with Vodafone, Westpac, Grant Thornton and many others, and he holds a Masters degree in English, with 1st Class Honours.
Previous satisfied participants have come from:
The Rugby Foundation
Ogilvy & Mather
New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs
For more information about this workshop and about Department of Writing, click here.
at Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
2 Clarendon St
South Melbourne, Australia